[squid-users] Time for cache synchronization between siblings
bhsreenath at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 18:16:19 UTC 2015
I have a setup with three squid peers (siblings in squid.conf) and
three upstream servers(peers with parent and originserver in
I am using htcp for the three squid siblings.
How much time does it take for one squid server to 'know' that another
peer has a particular object cached? I see digests exchanged between
the siblings, as logged in cache.log.
I have been able to make a request to one sibling and it resulted in a
How I do this test is this:
1. bring up all siblings
2. issue a request to one server (sibling 1)
3. Make sure it is cached in sibling 1
4. Wait for some time (I don't know how long to wait)
5. Make same request to another sibling, say sibling 2
6. Check if it went to upstream server for the request or it was a sibling hit.
My problem is that the sibling hits seem to be random. I am not able
to figure out exactly
how log it takes for the cache information to propagate to all siblings.
Any information in this regard is appreciated.
More information about the squid-users