[squid-users] Reverse proxy: session expired in 15 minutes

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Dec 15 13:08:30 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 15 Dec 2015 at 13:02, Roberto Carna wrote:

> Development team say that a session is conformed by cookies, and the
> expiration time defined is 3 hours.

Squid will not change the content of the cookies (although it's possible it
could remove them, depending on the configuration).

Does the server perhaps set a default session expiry time of 15 minutes in the
absence of a cookie, and 180 minutes when the cookie is present?

Have you tried performing a packet capture, on either the client-facing or
server-facing side of the Squid proxy, to see whether the cookies are getting
passed through?

--
Never automate fully anything that does not have a manual override capability.
Never design anything that cannot work under degraded conditions in emergency.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.