[squid-users] Fw: Squid 32-bit (2.7.2) much faster than 64-bit (3.5.11)

Patrick Flaherty vze2k3sa at verizon.net
Sun Dec 13 14:37:01 UTC 2015

Without 'dns_v4_first', what is sitting on top of the IPv6 connection
timeout? Is it a DNS lookup? Regardless of it being IPv6 timing out or IPv6
timing out falling back on IPv4 and having success of a long process to
maybe should be logged as a warning?

Second question, without 'dns_v4_first', was I experiencing a IPv6 timeout
and it falling back on IPv4? Because it does ultimately work... just slow.

Third question if the answer to question 2 is yes, should the DNS IPv4
lookup (successful) be cached so that next time it is fast?

Thanks Amos,
Patrick

Message: 3