[squid-users] blocking certain file types by content

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sun Dec 13 12:41:00 UTC 2015

On Sunday 13 Dec 2015 at 12:31, Markus wrote:

> I'm trying to protect my internal network against unconsciously
> downloading executable files (like malware). All users traffic pass
> through our Squid proxy.

> So, tell me guys, if there is any solution for this?

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/linux-and-open-source/how-to-set-up-web-
filtering-solution-on-squid-proxy/ (sorry about the line split) gives not only
a specific solution to this (albeit based on a commercial product with a free
trial licence), but also the general concept - you want to be using an ICAP
server.

Hope this helps,

Antony.

--
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the sense of
achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words - and

 - Douglas Noel Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.