[squid-users] issue with video

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Dec 9 23:09:00 UTC 2015

On 10/12/2015 3:42 a.m., Magic Link wrote:
> Hi,
> i have a problem with this video http://www.cbsnews.com/news/heroin-in-the-heartland-60-minutes/ This video doesn't start with squid (3.4.8) on Debian 8 but does with a direct access to Internet.I don't know how to debug this issue.
> Any clues ? Thanks

Check cache.log to see if any errors are being logged when you request it.

Check access.log to see if the proxy is actually being contacted to
fetch the video.

"debug_options 11,2" to see what the request and reply headers are.

If you can, try an upgrade. Current Squid is 3.5.12. I'm just mentioning
this because its the nromal debugging step. I dont recommend a
cross-install of the 3.5.12 package to Debian 8 - it needs a proper
backport / recompile.

The remaining steps get trickier and depend on the results of the above
checks, or whether