[squid-users] Slow Squid

Patrick Flaherty vze2k3sa at verizon.net
Wed Dec 9 00:50:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

My Squid Server is much slower to go through than direct access to the
internet. I would expect it to be slower but not dramatically slower. Any
tips to speed it up? It's only used to access 8 whitelisted domains. I am
not using the disk based cache as it's only 8 sites total we hit. See my
squid config below and please offer any suggestions.

Thank You,

Patrick

# Proxy Configuration

http_port     3128

# acl and http_access to ("whitelist.txt")

acl whitelist dstdomain  "c:/squid/etc/squid/whitelist.txt"

http_access        allow     whitelist

# network source of proxy traffic

acl localnet  src        all

# debug (Used by Rave Support Only)

#debug_options              ALL,2

# acl directives for ports and protocols

acl http      proto      http

acl https     proto      https

acl port_80   port       80

acl sslports  port       443

acl CONNECT   method     CONNECT

# localhost proxy access

acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/32

http_access allow localhost

# rules allowing proxy access

http_access allow http    port_80  whitelist localnet

http_access allow https   sslports whitelist localnet

# dns servers (Change dns_nameservers to client dns servers for consistency
and better performance)

dns_nameservers 172.16.50.1 172.16.50.9

# cache web pages directory

#cache_dir ufs C:/Squid/var/cache/squid 100 16 256

cache_mem 64 MB

# log file roll weekly

logfile_rotate 7

# access log rules

logformat squid %tl %6tr %>a %Ss/%03>Hs %<st %rm %ru %un %Sh/%<A %mt

# catch-all rule

http_access deny all