[squid-users] Deny Access based on SSL-Blacklists (SHA1-Fingerprint) with ssl_bump

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Dec 4 16:15:31 UTC 2015

On 12/04/2015 05:40 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 4/12/2015 9:34 p.m., Tom Tom wrote:
>> Why do I need a "full" ssl_bump-configuration to prevent access based
>> on fingerprints?

> Because "deny" in the form you are trying to do it is an HTTP message.
> In order to perform HTTP over a TLS connection you have to decrypt it first.

> What you actually want to be doing is:
>
>   acl step1 at_step SslBump1
>   acl whitelist ssl::server_name_regex -i "/etc/squid/DENY_SSL_BUMP"
>   acl blacklist server_cert_fingerprint "/etc/squid/SSL_BLACKLIST"
>
>   ssl_bump splice whitelist
>   ssl_bump peek step1
>   ssl_bump stare all
>   ssl_bump terminate blacklist
>   ssl_bump bump all

Please consider adding this fine example to the SslPeekAndSplice wiki
page at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslPeekAndSplice

Please note that if you do not want to bump anything, then the following
should also work (bugs notwithstanding):

    ssl_bump splice whitelist
    ssl_bump peek all
    ssl_bump terminate blacklist
    ssl_bump splice all