[squid-users] Squid with NTLM auth behind netscaler

Fabio Bucci fabietto82 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:14:46 UTC 2015

Hi All,
my task is implementing a squid proxy that allow all my authenticated
(windows AD) internal users to surf internet without any credential request
(pop-up).

Plus, i created two squid nodes and put them behind a citrix netscaler in
order to perform a load balance service.

I configured squid with samba and ntlm helper in order to perform a
transparent authentication but sometimes some user report me their browsers
require authentication via pop-up.

I'm not a deep expert about squid and i'd like to receive your help in
order to understand if my configuration is correct or not and if there is a
way to prevent popup.

Thanks all!

Fabio