[squid-users] doubts about the squid3

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:15:59 UTC 2015

My Linux Stations are in Domain, but when a user open your bowser, the user
and password are asked. Sometimes, during the navegation, the user and
password are asked again.

This way, I wish that the user session to be valid per 4 hours. How do I
set it?

Follow the authentication portion of the  my squid.conf:

# NTLM
auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp  --domain=DOMAIN
auth_param ntlm children 30
auth_param ntlm keep_alive off

 #BASIC
auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm "Web Proxy"
external_acl_type ad_group %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid3/wbinfo_group.pl -d

Márcio