[squid-users] mail upload problem

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Dec 2 08:58:48 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 02 December 2015 at 07:07:09, vivek singh wrote:

>      we are facing problem while users trying to upload some attachments it
> fails using linux proxy, while at the same time if they switch to windows
> proxy attachment uploaded succesfully.
>      I am using squid 3.5 version onboth linux and windows proxy servers,
> any help would be appreciation.

Please consider telling us:

1. What specific problem (eg: error message?) are the users getting?

2. Which browser/s are the users using?

3. Which web mail service are they accessing?

4. Are the browsers explicitly configured to use the Squid proxy, or are you
using intercept mode?

5. What is your squid.conf (without comments or blank lines)?

6. What entries do you get in Squid's access.log when the problem occurs?

7. You say "some attachments" - does this mean that some can be successfully
uploaded through Squid, but others can't?  If so, is there any noticeable
difference (eg: size) between the ones whihc work and the ones which don't?

Regards,

Antony.

--
If you were ploughing a field, which would you rather use - two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?

 - Seymour Cray, pioneer of supercomputing

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.