[squid-users] Squid memory leak on ubuntu 14.04

风声 fengsheng.10 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 01:01:09 UTC 2015

Hi

Finally, we found the root cause, it is kernel issue with specific version
on ubuntu 14.04.

We prepared new environment for testing, 3.3.8,3.5.11,2.7 on ubuntu 12.04
and 14.04.

3.3.8,3.5.11 on ubuntu 12.04 is ok
2.7 on ubuntu 14.04 is ok

3.3.8,3.5.11 on ubuntu 14.04 is abnormal.

I found this
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta-lts-trusty/+bug/1516738

and I downgrade kernel version to 3.13.0-57 on ubuntu 14.04, memory usage
is normal now.

I don't know how was it introduced into kernel on ubuntu 14.04, but it is
really works for me.

Thanks for you help .