[squid-users] Splash page ?

adricustodio adricustodio at uol.com.br
Mon Aug 31 16:16:08 UTC 2015

Hello guys...

I need to make on my squid the following.

When the user put its login and password it redirects the user to a default
page (lets say www.example.com)
And then after that the user can browse normally.
Some people told me i need to make a splash page, is that right ?
how do i do that ?

I added this to my .conf

external_acl_type splash_page ttl=60 concurrency=100 %SRC
/usr/lib64/squid/ext_session_acl -t 7200 -b /tmp/squidcache/sessions.db

acl existing_users external splash_page

http_access deny !existing_users

deny_info 511:/etc/squid/splash.html existing_users

but im not sure how this works... i tested on a PC here and nothing changed.