[squid-users] Squid 3.5.7, cache_swap_high, bug or not bug ?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Aug 30 12:04:03 UTC 2015

On 30/08/2015 9:02 p.m., FredT wrote:
> Hi Amos,
> I see the new build squid-3.5.7-20150829-r13899 released taking care the
> cache_swap_high, does this build apply the limit with the "Filemap bits in
> use" or is it on the cache "Percent Used" only ?

Just the bug fix, which was about the volume based watermark. The
directives still mean the same thing they have always been documented as
meaning. Just the adjusted algorithm now defines different
aggressiveness level and the docs give you some numbers to figure out
good settings from.

The only issue sfileno has is a crash bug. Which is un-found but clearly
elsewhere in the code and being tracked under its own bug number 3566.