[squid-users] Squid 3.5.7, cache_swap_high, bug or not bug ?

Marcus Kool marcus.kool at urlfilterdb.com
Sat Aug 29 15:14:35 UTC 2015

On 08/28/2015 08:53 PM, FredT wrote:
> Hi Amos,
> We have applied the patch with the client on the squid in prod a coule of
> hours ago...
> We can see now a real aggressive objects cleaning
>
> I can confirm a 200 obj/sec is a minimal number with huge traffic, you could
> fix the value a bit higher (250-300) that would be perfect.

Yeah, everybody needs a different cleaning rate depending on number of physical disks and
use of faster devices like advanced disk arrays or SSDs.

I first thought that the cleanup rate could be a formula like 100 + #disks * 80
but SSDs and disk arrays can do more than that so probably the best thing to do is to have
a parameter for the cleanup rate and use 200 as the default value.

Marcus