[squid-users] How to limit upload bandwidth in squid proxy?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Aug 28 17:37:02 UTC 2015

On 08/28/2015 11:06 AM, Jorgeley Junior wrote:
> I think the directive: client_request_buffer_max_size do a limit to
> upload, but it will stop the request, is that it?

In general, it is not possible to limit _bandwidth_ usage by limiting
buffer sizes. With enough processing speed, one can [theoretically]
consume all available bandwidth using a 1-byte buffer!

However, if you just want to "slow down" all uploading connections, then
decreasing client_request_buffer_max_size is better than nothing. It
will not stop requests; it will just not let them _buffer_ more than
configured at any given time.

HTH,