[squid-users] squid: workers on multicore

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Aug 28 15:39:34 UTC 2015

On 29/08/2015 1:28 a.m., Paul Martin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have 2 questions. Could you help me ?
>
> 1) my squid is working with 4 workers (1 to 4). My processor is 8 cores but
> only 4 cores (5 to 8) are used by squid. How make the 8 cores working
> (cpu_affinity_map
> process_numbers ...)?

In the way the documentation displays:
 <http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cpu_affinity_map/>

> 2) my squidguard blocks some https site but the client does not receive a
> redirection page to let him know he should not surf on this site. How to
> enable a redirection for a https forbidden site ?

If it is a CONNECT request you are trying to redirect Squid is
outputting the page. Then well, browser bugs happen. We have been on at
them about it for more than a decade now. But it seems nobody wants to
touch the issue since there is also security vulnerabilities to navigate
around in the fix.

Anyway. The latest versions of Squid with SSL-Bump configured should be
able to get something to reach the user screen by decrypting the traffic
and injecting a deny_info "page" with 511 status. However it does
require that Squid be generating an error message, so SG probably still
can't do it as a redirect.