[squid-users] Squid 3.5.7, cache_swap_high, bug or not bug ?

FredT vdoctor at neuf.fr
Mon Aug 24 09:23:46 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,
Since the patch, the Percent Used is decreasing correctly, no new 100% at
the moment.

Why not using the Req/min as the value to use in the cleaning when the
cache_swap_low/high are reached ?
ex: Average HTTP requests per minute since start:   19232.8
Btw, when the cache_swap_low is reached, the squid could use 25% of the
req/min for the cleaning and with the cache_swap_high the squid could use
100%.
This is an example, there are tons of data in the squid we could use

Or, we could have special options to define by ourselves the number of
objects to clean, example:
- cache_swap_low_del_object 256
- cache_swap_high_del_object 1024

Bye Fred