[squid-users] Squid 3.5.7, cache_swap_high, bug or not bug ?

Stakres vdoctor at neuf.fr
Fri Aug 21 08:46:42 UTC 2015

Amos,

in the meantime, I was thinking another point:
We know there are at least 2 limit with cache_dirs, the max size and the 16+
million entries (Filemap bits).
the cache_swap_high should take care both.
example: if the used cache is 95% of the space or if the Filemap bits is 95%
of the 16+ million entries.

Because if the used cache is 100%, the squid could crash a few later, but if
the squid is 16777216 entries it does crash immetiatly and will be looping
in crashes.

See what I mean ?

Bye Fred