[squid-users] Squid 3.5.7, cache_swap_high, bug or not bug ?

Stakres vdoctor at neuf.fr
Thu Aug 20 14:26:26 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,

Any update ?

This morning, it was crazy:
*Percent used: 100.76%*
How is it possible ?

Then the squid has crashed and it's now cleaning objects.
I can understand new objects could be added faster than the squid is able to
clean older objects, but it seems there is something wrong in the cleaning
process.
The wiki says "/As swap utilization gets close to high-water mark object
eviction becomes more aggressive./". From my point of view the "aggressive"
is not aggressive enough...

Possible to have a patch/workaround soon ?
thanks in advance.

Bye Fred