[squid-users] Squid + oracle

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Aug 18 12:15:28 UTC 2015

Hey,

Currently I do not know of such a helper but it is possible to write one.
If you have a DB machine I can run tests against I might be able to
write a small helper for a basic authentication or session helper based
on OracleDB.
For a captive portal you would need two separated systems:
- Web
- external_acl helper

The basics of captive portal is that it works in the IP level and can be
written in php or any other web scripts.

You can start by looking at:
https://mohammadthalif.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/list-of-open-source-captive-portal-software-and-network-access-control-nac/

The external_acl helper supports a cache for the authentication and can
be used to allow the access from the first time surfing onwards for a
period of time.
Take a look at the session helper of squid for more details.

I would recommend to utilize iptables for the captive portal.

All The Bests,
Eliezer