[squid-users] Presenting an internal virtual host externally as domain root folder

Dan Purgert dan at djph.net
Fri Aug 14 13:15:48 UTC 2015

Quoting Antony Stone <Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it>:

> On Friday 14 August 2015 at 14:10:54, Arjen van der Meer wrote:
>
>> Dear Antony (and Amos),
>>
>> Thanks again for your replies. This answers my question, however I had
>> hoped for a solution that would make /wordpress invisible from the
>> outside.
>
> In that case remove the ^/wordpress ACL from your squid config, and make sure
> wordpress itself is configured to present URLs in links etc without
> /wordpress
> in them.  How to do that is beyond my expertise and outside the scope of a
> question on the Squid users' list, but it's got to be possible.

As luck would have it, I know how (well, one way anyway) to do it.

You have to point the root folder (i.e. in your apache configuration)
to the /wordpress folder (i.e. "/var/www/somesite/wordpress" instead
of "/var/www/somesite").

If your blog is not the main focus of your site (i.e.
'http://somesite.com' isn't just for your blog), you'll probably do
better to create a subdomain (blog.somesite.com) so that you don't
make a mess of things ;)

Regards,
Dan