[squid-users] Which protocol uses when Stored-ID object returned by Squid?

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:06:48 UTC 2015

Good info, Eliezer.

I'll research this next week. I've interested in video hostings caching.

Thanks for idea and point to right direction!

12.08.15 22:04, Eliezer Croitoru пишет:
> Vimeo is using akamai and can be cached as far as I understand.
>
> There is always an ID out there in urls(not Vimeo specific if at all
in Vimeo) but it's either encrypted or is inside the page that needs to
be parsed.
> These are the two options I know about and I have seen couple times
that there are something like a "cookie" url which can help to identify
a common ID.

> I don't remember if it was to you that I recommended Adblock plus and
video search at firefox.

> There was another software which I think is called "FreeRapid
Downloader" and they have all bunch of plugins which written in java
that helped me get started on couple things with video sites analytics.
> The software doesn't work very well these days but it gives a lot of
basics if you have the needed java skills(I am not pushing you to dive
into it since it's not a simple task).

> Adblock plus gives you many details on every page you browse into and
have a nice filter option.
> You can get into the filter and urls list using the "open blockable
items" option in the Adblock plus firefox menu.

> It' much simpler then plain firefox "inspect elements" or firebug but
it is limited a bit.

> Eliezer
>
> * I have read people writing in forums something like "we are not
spoon feeding got read the man pages" and I do not like the attitude!!
>  - Also on this specific case there is not man pages or something
similar and I encourage to ask.