[squid-users] Which protocol uses when Stored-ID object returned by Squid?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Aug 12 13:39:50 UTC 2015

On 12/08/2015 16:12, Yuri Voinov wrote:
> Thank you, Amos, for explanation.
>
> It is an exhaustive answer to my doubts.:)
>
> So, finally, I can write Store-ID map rules without any protocol prefix,
> or use any, no matter?
>
> I.e., ^https?:\/\/(.*?)\/(.*?)\;(?:.*?)$    anysite$1.SQUIDINTERNAL/$2
>
> ?

Hey Yuri,

Yes indeed you can but it's recommended to use some protocol and if you
have an https map it to the right one that will de-duplicate for your needs.
For example there are many sites which offers both https and http for
the same content while redirecting to the https many times instead of http.
In this case you are better to not save the same object for http and https.

All The Bests,
Eliezer