[squid-users] websocket connection fails

Jan Niggemann jn at hz6.de
Tue Aug 11 10:07:15 UTC 2015

Hi list,

first of all: Excuse me if this has been brought up before, but the
link to the search function on page
http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/mailing-lists.html#squid-users
returns a 404.

Our company introduced a new proxy solution (called Artica).
http://www.lagado.com/proxy-test shows that
"squid/3.5.7-20150801-r13880" is used.

My problem is that chromium 44 on Win7/64 can't establish a
wss-connection, probably due to incorrect server response headers. I
know for sure that stackoverflow.com handles websockets correctly, but
the server response headers lack 'Connection: Upgrade' and show
'Connection: keep-alive" instead. A screenshot and debug log is
available in my question on SO:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31935536/make-chromium-use-connect-for-websockets

Is there a squid setting that I need to tell our administrators about,
so websocket connections will work?

Regards
jan