[squid-users] assertion failed: comm.cc:178: "fd_table[conn->fd].halfClosedReader != NULL"

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Aug 5 19:47:16 UTC 2015

On 08/04/2015 04:27 PM, HackXBack wrote:
> << I'm not sure how to fix that. >> then who should i talk to..
> you guys should dig in source and found out

Yes, somebody should "dig in source" and fix the bug. However, Amos (or
anybody else providing free support on this mailing list) is _not_
obligated to do that. You need to find somebody who is both willing and
able to fix the bug you suffer from. When the bug is complex, it is
often difficult to find such a person or company (unfortunately). FWIW,
The Squid Software Foundation is working on streamlining this search
process for Squid admins, but these improvements take time.

> its important tks any should i ask outside ??

If you cannot get help here, you may consider other support avenues:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CompleteFaq#SquidFaq.2FAboutSquid.How_to_add_a_new_Squid_feature.2C_enhance.2C_of_fix_something.3F

Good luck,