[squid-users] Deny Caching of Video and Audio

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Aug 4 14:19:39 UTC 2015

On 5/08/2015 1:29 a.m., markme wrote:
> Well we don't mind caching large objects such as anti-virus updates or other
> updates. My manager specifically asked to not cache media such as video and
> audio. So is there like a refresh pattern that I can use or an ACL to deny
> caching of all video and audio?

Sadly no. It's not even possible to *identify* all audio and video. So
many known and known-weird ways it could be smuggled around.
 Flash (.flv) for example is not video or audio. Its a script (yay^HH
boo for binary blobs).

Best you can hope for is rep_mime_type ACL check for video and audio
mime types. You will also need the Squid-3.5 store_miss feature to use
it for non-caching when it matches ("cache deny ..." wont work on