[squid-users] Deny Caching of Video and Audio

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Aug 4 08:32:17 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 04 August 2015 at 10:28:32, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 August 2015 at 01:39:38, Jorgeley Junior wrote:
> > create an acl:
> > acl youtube dstdomain .youtube.com
> > use the directive: cache deny youtube
>
> That will prevent caching for all content from a specific domain, no matter
> what size the objects.

Oh, and I forgot to mention - a lot of people here are struggling to work out
how to *get* Squid to cache content from youtube, because youtube doesn't send
content by 'standard HTTP' any more.

Therefore blocking the caching of content from youtube.com in particular will
very likely make almost zero difference.

--
You can tell that the day just isn't going right when you find yourself using
the telephone before the toilet.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.