[squid-users] Detecting clients flooding squid with failed request

Dan Charlesworth dan at getbusi.com
Mon Aug 3 07:25:50 UTC 2015

Thanks Antony.

Fail2ban looks like a viable option though we would still need to write a regex definition to target this sort of behaviour. Their squid example targets aggressive hosts where my preference would be to target aggressive applications (that could be running on more than one host).

https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/blob/master/config/filter.d/squid.conf

In my case “raise the alarm” would probably mean send an email to somebody and there are lots of ways to do that programmatically.

Still open to any other ideas anyone has.