[squid-users] ACL why does this not work?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Apr 30 23:56:38 UTC 2015

I am trying to prevent squid from proxying to an authorized subnet.

I want to write a set of acl rules that say that if a request does not
come from the authorized subnet then it should not be allowed to connect
to the authorized web server.

acl auth_net src 192.168.4.0/24
acl auth dst 192.168.4.1
http_access deny !auth_net auth

AFAICT something like the above should work but it doesn't.  squid
proxies requests from anywhere on the network to the authorized
webserver, getting right around the firewall.

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks.