[squid-users] Individual delay pools and youtube

dan at getbusi.com dan at getbusi.com
Wed Apr 29 05:44:14 UTC 2015

I mentioned last time that we had to x2 all our delay_parameter’s bytes because of a weird bug where squid would apply it at half speed for no reason.

It just occurred to me that (obviously) this is why HTTPS downloads are going too fast; because this bug must only affect HTTP traffic.

So HTTPS downloads are going at the actual speed we’ve specified and HTTP is going at half that.

Therefore, we should be able to work around it by setting different delay_parameters for HTTP and HTTPS requests.

So my question is, how best to target only those requests? By the CONNECT method?

P.S. This bug is still present in the latest Squid 3.5 HEAD.