[squid-users] Failover in Squid 3.1.10

Hierony Manurung hierony_milanisti at yahoo.co.id
Mon Apr 27 02:36:29 UTC 2015

Dear Fellow,
I want to implement Failover in My system, I have 3 Squid proxy servers right now. they are :

- Child (172.30.20.200/16)         # receive request, and forward it either to Parent1 or Parent2
- Parent1 (172.31.20.201/16)
- Parent2 (172.31.20.204/16)

I use Mikrotik to connect all the servers, and they have been connected and they can work together (distributed caching). For the caching algorithm, I use round-robin algorithm.
How can i implement Failover in my system?, so that when Child proxy is down/crash the request move to another Parent proxy.

Thanks in advance.

 Hierony Manurung
Del Institute of Technology
Network Management