[squid-users] squid with sssd instead of winbind

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Apr 25 01:51:09 UTC 2015

On 25/04/2015 1:04 a.m., Andreas.Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
> is it posible to use sssd instead of ntlm_auth from samba-winbind? In the
> last days we had trouble with the connectivity from winbind to ADS.

Short answer: no / maybe.

>From the docs "SSSD does not support the NTLM protocol."

That would kind of prohibit its being used as a direct replacement for
ntlm_auth used for NTLM and Negotiate/NTLM auth protocols.

You could move to Negotiate/Kerberos though. Other helpers are already
provided with Squid for that. To use SSSD someone would have to figure
out how to write a helper integrating it with Squid.