[squid-users] Using Squid as a Transparent Proxy

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Fri Apr 24 04:57:21 UTC 2015

I have been reading and have seen two things that needs consideration.
1 - An illustration for a WCCP example at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/UbuntuTproxy4Wccp2#Toplogy

2 - The kernel connection tracking is needed for basic firewall
functions which TPROXY is not really one of them, but an advanced
mangling function that helps to run and monitor the network.

The relevant modules are mentioned in the wiki link I attached.

Eliezer