[squid-users] ERR_ONLY_IF_CACHED_MISS and cache digests problem

Victor Sudakov sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Thu Apr 23 05:10:50 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I have two squid-3.5.3 proxies configured as mutual siblings:

==== proxy:/usr/local/etc/squid/squid.conf

acl internal src 212.73.124.0/28
http_access allow internal
cache_peer proxy2.sibptus.ru sibling 3128 3130

==== proxy2:/usr/local/etc/squid/squid.conf

acl cisa_servers src 212.73.124.0/28
http_access allow cisa_servers
cache_peer proxy.sibptus.ru sibling 3128 3130

I believe this is a correct configuration. The users' browsers are
configured to use proxy2.sibptus.ru, but sometimes users see the
ERR_ONLY_IF_CACHED_MISS error from proxy.sibptus.ru!

Both proxies are compiled with cache digest support. I think it's on
by default. However, the problem seems to disappear when I add the
"no-digest" flag to the cache_peer definitions.

What is wrong with my setup? Is anything wrong with mutual siblings
and cache digests?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru