[squid-users] Help with cachemgr and nginx

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Apr 22 03:45:01 UTC 2015

On 22/04/2015 3:20 p.m., Alberto Perez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to setup cachemgr.cgi in my squid 3.5.2 box with nginx as web
> server. I was able to server first page of cachemgr but I can't get further
> this page, every credentials I try shows me the same page with no errors.
> (attach image)

Try accessing it directly via squidclient to make sure the Squid part is
working:

  squidclient mgr:menu at managerforsquid40a

> in my squid.conf file
>
> cache_mgr alberto

Above is supposed to be the email address of the admin. Its listed in
error pages for user help, and gets crash reports emailed to it by Squid.

> cachemgr_passwd managerforsquid40a all

Check that you dont have any other cachemgr_passwd affecting things.
Several passwords can be assigned with different reports named.

Do you also have this?
 http_access allow localhost manager

The username does not matter to the cachemgr its just there for logging
and to allow integration with proxy_auth if you are using that. The
password however must be the one configured in cachemgr_passwd (ie.
managerforsquid40a).

> nginx config
>
> location /cgi-bin/ {
>                 alias /usr/local/squid/libexec;
>                 index cachemgr.cgi;
>                 gzip off;
>                 #include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
>                 fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
>                 fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME
> /usr/local/squid/libexec/cachemgr.cgi;
> }
>
> I successfully run other cgi perl scripts with that same configuration
> (squish.cgi, but this one is only one page, so i could be missing something
> here)
>
> No access denied from nginx response so I asume this is not the problem
> here.

The squidclient test above will confirm or deny that. If squidclient
works then the problem is in how NginX FastCGI is connecting to the proxy.