[squid-users] transparent proxy original_dst err

jaykbvt jaykbvt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 19:31:56 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,

Thanks for reply,

I think I got ur point. If I understood correctly,

if a user makes request for http://www.wikipedia.org then the client request
header should look like:

src: client_IP:random_port
dst: wikipedia.org(ip_address):http
http request: http_request details. (host,url,etc..)

and squid should get the packet like that.

But since Cisco ISG is in between which seems to be changing the client
request header like:

src: client_IP:random_port
dst: squid_IP:http
http request: http_request details. (host,url,etc..)

and eventually squid fails to understand where to send http_request.

And thats why we should look at cisco ISG config.

my iptables config looks like:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 10.58.200.33 -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination
10.58.200.33:3129
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 3129 -j DROP

Pls comment.

Thanks & Regards,
Jaykbvt