[squid-users] transparent proxy original_dst err

jaykbvt jaykbvt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:43:36 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,

Thanks for reply.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
local=*10.58.200.33:80 remote=10.210.83.249:*3375 FD 10 flags=33: accepted
++++++++++++++++++++++++

since squid is able to understand which client is requesting and following
lines talks about request..

++++++++++++++++++++++++
parseHttpRequest: parseHttpRequest: req_hdr = {Host: www.wikipedia.org
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Connection: keep-alive

}
++++++++++++++++++++++++

you still feel there could be issue with Cisco erasing original dst-IP
value.??

The thing is Cisoco ISG is not managed by us. They are saying they've
configured any incoming traffic from clients for web its redirected to
squid's IP. I'm no expert on Cisco ISG, yet I've asked them to share the
config pertaining to squid. I am awaiting their response.

Can you help me what should I ask them or point towards to check..and what
type squid/iptables config combination should I do on my squid server given
my network scenario.

Thanks & Regards,
Jaykbvt