[squid-users] Adding the Object Manually

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Apr 20 00:33:58 UTC 2015

On 19/04/2015 6:30 a.m., Ali Raza wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Consider I have an object say some java script file and I want to add
> some header information of my own choice(like max-age, url and stuff) and
> add it to squid cache.
>
> Is this possible if yes how ?

You do not get to make that choice. Only the owner of the content does,
they do that via the origin (web) server used to publish the contents.
Squid is an HTTP proxy - not a web server.

PS. Those details you mention are also protected and restricted by
copyright law. In particular they are part of the right to
redistribution assigned by the content owner to HTTP caches.