[squid-users] Individual delay pools and youtube

djch dan at getbusi.com
Fri Apr 17 01:30:33 UTC 2015

I just wanted to revive this thread to note that:

- Delay pools apply just fine to HTTPS requests in Squid 2.7.
- Delay pools in Squid 3.4.x are also applied to HTTPS but the speed is not
correct.
  - If I apply a 56 Kbps limit the HTTP download tops out at ~7 KB/s. If I
download the same file from the same server via HTTPS it tops out at
~90KB/s. If I download the same file over HTTPS with no delay pools
configured it tops at around 3MB/s.

So I guess that would make this a bug? Which I assume nobody wants to fix
'cause they're going to be deprecated at some point soon?