[squid-users] how to obtain info about actual active downloads?

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Wed Oct 29 00:56:40 UTC 2014

Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On 28/10/2014 5:37 a.m., Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
>> On 27/10/14 11:47, Antony Stone wrote:

>>> I would use the tool 'iptraf', either running on your squid
>>> server, or on a machine which can sniff your internal network
>>> traffic (possibly with the use of a spanning port on the
>>> switch).from
>>>
>>> That can give you real-time bandwidth measurements per IP
>>> address.
>>>

>> I use this script:
>>
>> http://samm.kiev.ua/sqstat/
>>
>> Set it to auto-update on 15/15 seconds, for example, and you'll
>> have a great and easy way to evaluate active connections and high
>> bandwidth use connections.
>>

> There is also the cachemgr interface for Squid. The "active_requests"
>
> Amos

Amos, thanks for this information. From Leonardo recommended 'sqstat'
PHP script from Alex Samorukov about doing what I need. I'm not
a programmer, and I would have had a problem write such a program.
And from my very quick view, I not found useful informations about
cachemgr interface, searching for 'cachemgr' at
http://www.squid-cache.org/ return nothing and searching at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ return reference to
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ProgrammingGuide/CacheMgrApi
, but it seems as there are only some basest informations.
(which does not matter, I did not know how to program it anyway)

Thanks, Franta Hanzlik