[squid-users] problem with squid_ldap_auth

squid-list squid at visolve.com
Fri Oct 24 04:54:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think the error is not with squid version, it might be the connection
problem between proxy server and  LDAP server. Please, check the
reachability of LDAP server from the proxy server and also Just check
the DNS configuration whether you have correctly configured it in proxy
server.

First, You can try the test connection to the LDAP sever from the
terminal, if it succeed then you can modify the squid configuration. I
have given a sample one, modify the domain and credentials according to
your one and try.

         [root at test ~] #  /usr/lib64/squid/squid_ldap_auth -R -b
"dc=test,dc=com" -D "CN=admin,DC=test,DC=com" -w "password" -f
sAMAccountName=%s  -h 192.168.195.195
         username password
         OK

If you get the output "OK", then you have successfully tested the
connection with the LDAP server. If you cannot establish the connection
with LDAP server, then you will get the same error.

         [root at test ~] #  /usr/lib64/squid/squid_ldap_auth -R -b
"dc=test,dc=com" -D "CN=admin,DC=test,DC=com" -w "password" -f
sAMAccountName=%s  -h 192.168.195.195
         username password
         squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't
contact LDAP server'

Regards,
ViSolve Squid