[squid-users] problem with squid_ldap_auth

Julie Xu J.Xu at uws.edu.au
Fri Oct 24 00:41:27 UTC 2014

Hi

I have squid installed and trying to contact Ldap.

Below command is working for older squid, but not new one and both server are Redhat 6.5 (Santiago)

auth_param basic program /usr/lib64/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b ou=xx,dc=xx,dc=xx,dc=xx,dc=xx -f (&(cn=%s)(objectClass=*)) -u cn -s sub -P -c 5 -t 5 -R -a never -D cn=Lookup,ou=xx,dc=xx,dc=xx,dc=xx,dc=xx -w xxxxx mydomain

error message is:

squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'
squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'
squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Can't contact LDAP server'

to stop type isse, I have scp the squid.conf from older one to new one? And restart the squid; and also tried to copy firewall configuration over to new box, in case some firewall issue. It is still not help.

Could any one advice me what is the possible issue related?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie