[squid-users] R: Re: Skype settings

Riccardo Castellani ric.castellani at alice.it
Tue Oct 21 06:04:02 UTC 2014

I'm saying about Skype settings in 'tools' - 'connection options' menu, I'm
confused how to set Skype ports if I'm using Squid as proxy server.
If you need
other info I'm ready to explain ...

squid3 at treenet.co.nz
>Data: 21-ott-2014 7.39
>Ogg: Re: [squid-users] Skype
settings

25 p.m., Riccardo Castellani wrote:
>> I'm using Squid and it's unique access
to go out to Internet. I
>> created rules for Skype traffic but I'd like to
understand how to
>> set its ports because my unique access way to Intenret is
proxy on
>> 3128. I have firewall which is block all ports.
>>
>> My settings:

>> Use port XXXXX for incoming connections (yes) use port 80 and 443
>> for
additional incoming connections

>> prosy settings:
>>
>> HTTPS

host: myproxy port: 3128 I have no authentication method

>> With Squid
proxy what's correctly setting for Skype ?

>Uhm. Picture me confused.
>
>Lets
see ... you have a proxy. You also have a firewall configured to
>block all
traffic. And you want to run Skype.

>Something is configured with some XX
port and also running as a HTTP
>(port 80) and HTTPS (port 443) web server.
>

>Can you clarify what you are talking about please?
> naming the software or
control panel in each point instead of saying
>"it", "my" and "I" would be a
good start,