[squid-users] question on compile squid 3.3.3 with --enable-ecap option on cygwin

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Oct 21 01:28:00 UTC 2014

On 20/10/2014 7:59 p.m., lionxyes wrote:

> Hi.
>
> A few days ago I compiled squid-3.3.3 successfully on cygwin , then
> I also compiled ecap-0.2.0 successfully on cygwin because I want
> compiled squid-3.3.3 with --enable-ecap option on cygwin.
>
> Firstly, I edit squid.cygport file to add --enable-ecap option.
>

> Secondly, I recompiled squid-3.3.3 by cygport. But, I get some
> errors when I do this step。 Here is the error messages.
>

> I think that the reson of this error is the link command is
> incorrect. Here is the link command on cygwin and the link command
> on Kail linux.
>

> Compare it, we can find it the link command on cygwin don't refer
> to libecap.a。I think this is the reason. But, I can‘t repair it
> now, becaust I don't know well g++ command, automake, autoconf.
>
> So, Are there anybody can help me? Thank you.

ecap requires dynamic library loading. That is still one of the
untested features of Squid-3 on Windows.

some possibilities to try:
1) ensure that you have pkg-config tool installed. It is required for
detecting where your libecap is located.

2) For cygwin you may need --with-included-ltdl.

If not one of those then sorry I am not aware of the solution yet.

PS. in future please send the traces as inline text. This is a public
mailing list for the open-source community permanent record. Making
its content depend on proprietary services offered at the whim of
commercial entities is not a great idea.

Amos