[squid-users] DEAD Parent detection

daniel.rieken at gmx.net daniel.rieken at gmx.net
Fri Oct 17 13:24:00 UTC 2014

Hello,

> Each of the parents are used for both HTTP & HTTPS in this
> configuration, the dead parent detected log message isn't going to be
> repeated twice as its one parent, Regardless of which method the traffic
> is passing.

yes, that's correct, I agree, each peer is used for both HTTP & HTTPS.
But when I send only HTTPS traffic, squid is *not* logging "DEAD Parent detected" or "connection to 10.0.0.101:3128 failed".
The log message *only* appears as soon as squid is passing HTTP traffic.

In my scenario squid is only passing HTTPS-traffic, so I will never ever see a log message when a Parent dies.
I would expect squid to log a "DEAD Parent" message *once*, regardless of squid is currently passing HTTP or HTTPS.
Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Regdards,
Daniel