[squid-users] NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Robert Watson robert at gillecaluim.com
Thu Oct 16 22:54:10 UTC 2014

And this is the error page Squid generates...

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
://204.44.2.199:443 <https://www.bankofthewest.com/://204.44.2.199:443>

*Failed to establish a secure connection to 204.44.2.199*

The system returned:

(71) Protocol error (TLS code: SQUID_ERR_SSL_HANDSHAKE)

Handshake with SSL server failed: [No Error]

This proxy and the remote host failed to negotiate a mutually acceptable
security settings for handling your request. It is possible that the remote
host does not support secure connections, or the proxy is not satisfied
with the host security credentials.