[squid-users] Supported configuration for adding origin server IP in response header

Darren Spruell phatbuckett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 19:10:52 UTC 2014

Had a use case to ask about, apologies if I missed in docs. Is there a
configuration that allows squid running as forward proxy to add a
custom response header containing the origin server IP address that
served the resource? Assuming no cache hierarchy.

In the event that the resource is served from cache, would be
interesting if squid were able to track the IP address from which the
cached resource was originally retrieved to include in responses. In
the event that's not possible, then the IP address of the cache itself
as well as an indication that the resource was served from cache
rather than an upstream origin.

Most resources seem to cover including this information in the access
log, however I'm interested in having the data in the HTTP response
for this case.

--
Darren Spruell
phatbuckett at gmail.com