[squid-users] some question about compiling squid with Cygwin

Mirza Dedic mirza.dedic at outlook.com
Tue Oct 14 16:01:31 UTC 2014

You should be able to grab SQUID 3.3.3 from Cygwin and compile it there without issues.
When working within cygwin get the "cygport" program as there is a specific squid.cygport install file that extracts the squid source, applies cygwin specific patches and compiles it for you.
If you are running this on a Win2003 box (x86) and no ipv6, you'll need a small patch that fixes the built in ACL that causes the executable to crash (https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=132625&action=diff).
I've been testing this the last few days to replace our outdated SQUID 2.7 on Windows and it looks promising so far... got it in PROD at a small site with about 20 people and its running fine.