[squid-users] Problems with filtering when using chrome

Robert Hundley robert.hundley at ResourceGroup.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 09:26:32 UTC 2014

Hi,
I'm trying to use squid to do some basic filtering. I have added an ACL to filtering based on regular expressions, and added in a few strings I'd like not to load.
These work correctly on IE and firefox, but in chrome the page loads.
It correctly records TCP_DENIED/403 3674 CONNECT www.dropbox.com:443 - NONE/- text/html, but the site then loads regardless.

Chrome also seems to struggle with internal hosts; they refuse to load even though I have added the nodes to the hosts file, which seems to have worked for other browsers.

This originally occurred on 3.1, though I have since updated to 3.4.8 and am still experiencing this

Has anyone come across the same / any similar issues?

Robert Hundley HND (Computing)
IT Support Engineer

Resource Group
Tel: +44 (0) 1905 368 550       Fax: +44 (0) 1905 353 271     Web: http://www.resourcegroup.co.uk<http://www.resourcegroup.co.uk/>

Keep In Touch...
For regular updates on marketing news, events and activities,
follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/resource.group.ltd> and LinkedIn.<http://www.linkedin.com/company/291569>

expert solutions, adding value

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and / or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Only Resource Group Ltd employees with Director status have authority to bind the company. Resource Group Ltd. Registered office: 4th Floor, Horton House, Exchange Flags, Liverpool, L2 3YL, England. Company registration number: 02667200. Registered in England.