[squid-users] open socket: (13) Permission denied

李志-iie lizhi at iie.ac.cn
Sat Oct 11 08:14:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

I’m trying to set up Squid on a ARM platform. After compiling, I run Squid with command “/opt/squid/sbin/squid -N -d1” , and then configure the iptables.
Unfortunately, when I browse a url, Squid reports an error:
        Attempt to open socket for EUI retrieval failed: (13) Permission denied.

Please do you have an idea?

I find that this error is report by Eui48.cc. The coding is as following:

// return binary representation of the EUI
bool
Eui::Eui48::lookup(const Ip::Address &c)
{
    Ip::Address ipAddr = c;
    ipAddr.port(0);

#if _SQUID_LINUX_

    unsigned char ifbuffer[sizeof(struct ifreq) * 64];
    struct ifconf ifc;

    struct ifreq *ifr;
    int offset;

    /* IPv6 builds do not provide the first http_port as an IPv4 socket for ARP */
    int tmpSocket = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,0);

    if (tmpSocket < 0) {
        debugs(28, DBG_IMPORTANT, "Attempt to open socket for EUI retrieval failed: " << xstrerror());
        clear();
        return false;
    }

Best regards,